Giving back to Norfolk County
We care about Norfolk County. It is our home, our farm, our business. Every month we look to donate to local organizations and groups that directly benefit the citizens of Norfolk.
What We Donate
Each month we budget for small and recurring donations on a first come first served basis. Unused funds are carried forward.
Requests for large donations are considered when surplus funds are available, subject to approval of all partners in our law firm.
Labour & Consulting
Requests to help run an event, be a board member, etc. are also welcome. Tasks where our skills and connections would be an asset are preferred.
Who We Support
- Poverty Relief (food banks, soup kitchens, low-cost housing units)
- Education Advancement (colleges, universities, research institutes)
- Religious Advancement (places of worship, missionary organizations)
- Community (animal shelters, libraries, volunteer fire departments)
Non-Profit Organizations (NPO)
- Social, recreational or hobby groups (bridge clubs, curling clubs, golf clubs)
- Amateur sports organizations (hockey associations, baseball leagues, soccer leagues)
- Festival organizations (parades, seasonal celebrations)
- Residents of Norfolk County are primary beneficiaries.
- Charity or NPO resides in Norfolk County and is incorporated in Ontario or in Canada.
- Charity must be listed here.
- Administrative overhead is 10% or less of the organization’s gross income.
- Charity or NPO is free of controversy, legal issues and discrimination.
- The request is consistent with organization’s overall mandate.
- Money or labour donated must make a pivotal impact.
- The per hour “value” of labour donated must match or exceed the individual’s per hour compensation at Brimage.
- Brimage Law Group will get favorable publicity commensurate with its contribution.
- Charity or NPO will link to Brimage website from theirs for a least a year.
- Charity or NPO will give an impact report to Brimage by a specific date.